A tax-deferred retirement plan that allows pre-tax employee contributions with additional employer contributions for small businesses with 100 or fewer employees.
Features and Benefits
- Business and personal tax savings for employer with employer contributions are deductible as a business expense and not required every year. The employer may increase, decrease, or skip annual contributions as necessary.
- An easy to set up and maintain retirement plan.
- Both the employer and their employees make contributions to the plan.
Annual Contribution Limits
- Maximum employee contribution of $12,500 if under age 50.
- Additional $3,000 allowed if employee is age 50 or older at the end of the calendar year.
- Employers can either match employee’s contribution dollar for dollar up to 3% of employee’s salary or contribute 2% of salary to each eligible employee even if employee doesn’t contribute.
- Small business owner and their employees.
- Any employee expected to earn at least $5,000 this year, and who earned at least $5,000 in the two immediately preceding years.
- Simple IRAs must be established by October 1 of the tax year to which the qualifying contribution(s) will apply.
Free Strategy Session
For more information on what a Self-Directed IRA can do for you,
Schedule your FREE 30-Minute IRA Strategy Session Today!